Nike Air Max 97
With an iconic design inspired by Japanese bullet trains and water droplets, push your style full speed ahead in the Air Max 97. Full-length Nike Air cushioning lets you ride in first-class comfort.
- Originally designed for performance running, full-length Air cushioning (the first of its kind) pairs best-in-class comfort with sporty style.
- Mesh underlays adds a premium look and airy feel.
- Hidden lacing system provides a streamlined look.
- Foam midsole delivers plush cushioning.
- Rubber outsole adds traction and durability.
Nike Air Max Origins
Revolutionary Air technology first made its way into Nike footwear in 1978. In 1987, the Air Max 1 debuted with visible Air technology in its heel, allowing fans more than just the feel of Air cushioning—suddenly they could see it. Since then, next-generation Air Max shoes have become a hit with athletes and collectors by offering striking color combinations and reliable, lightweight cushioning.